Types of Short – Weapon Ammunition for Police and Military: In SHOKE we work with the majority of calibers, brands, and models of cartridges for short weapons. They differ depending on the type of tip, width, and length, etc. There are several types of ammunition depending on the tip, caliber, brand, etc. Do you know which ones they are?
Types of Short-weapon Ammunition for Military or Police Officers
1. Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)
This type of lead bullet gets its name because it is usually coated, usually copper or brass. It is usually manufactured between 115 and 124 grains. It is a type of police ammunition that is used in training and shooting practices mainly, since despite having a great power of penetration, its stop is very slight, and can cause collateral accidents. That is, the bullet penetrates the target and can pass through, creating a third party to get hurt and the person fired can continue to approach the police. The MacTech 900 Cartridge or the GECO cal metal cartridge. 9mmPB FMJ, are just some examples of FMJ ammunition that you can find in Shoke Store for your police loaders.
Although it depends on the different policemen, city councils, military groups, security companies, etc., this is the type of ammunition most used by security professionals in their armed services. Its stopping power is much higher than in the previous ammo, so it has greater effectiveness when it comes to slow down the target, and the chances of a rebound are reduced. Usually, these cartridges have 123 Gr. For example, in Shoke we have the semi-bonded rounds of the FIOCCHI brand.
this type of ammunition has more stopping power than armored ammunition. Therefore, it has the advantage of avoiding any bounce from the target to other points. The lead tip cartridges usually have 158 gr. For guns, this type of cartridge is practically in disuse, as lead can cause more interruptions of the weapon, even producing jamming. At Shoke Store we have some lead ammunition used mainly by security guards in their revolvers, such as the GECO cal .38 SPL Lead Metal Cartridges.
4. Other types of ammo
- Hollow: this type of ammo increases accuracy and, like lead bullets, has a high power of opening and stopping. Currently, they are used mainly by the elite Police Corps since their price is higher and their marketing is not very widespread. Its sale to a particular way is prohibited and are usually 124 Grains.
- EMB: this is a type of ammunition that due to its design not only penetrates with high intensity in the body but instead of crossing it also expands in it. This ammunition usually has 93 gr. And also has good stopping power.
These examples that we have presented to you are the most common in the world of police porters and their ammunition.
- Rotating Rear Tine Tiller
- Tactical Products to Protect Against Accidents
- What Products for Plainclothes Police